Saturday, June 25, 2005

being home

What am I doing home????

1) when I can be at the riverwalk for the SPURS parade and cheer "MVP! MVP! MVP!" as Tim Duncan's barge passes, or "Manu, Manu, Manu!" while Manu's barge does the same. I can actually take pictures of the SPURS! And oh, to finally see (giddy) Popovich deliver a joke! Dang, what the championship trophy can make you do! Ok I need to throw this in, (in the spirit of celebrity name dropping)---Tony Parker and Eva Langoria together in one barge. Kei.

Instead, I'm home and watching it on TV.

Why? First of all, I don't have anyone to go with. Everyone else is either working, sleeping, or at the Kerry's for a cook-out. (I write this last one as if I am nearly familiar with the workings of Apple's church's college group....however, I just pulled this out from the memory of Kasaya (?) calling everyone with a line that goes ..."Hi I just want to remind you that at 6:30, we're going to meet at the Kerry's (or Carry?) and it's going to be a cook-out so bring an empty stomach" (not verbatim though but something like that). Ok just to clarify...I am a Catholic and way past college....so I can't be at the Kerry's - technically, even though I got invited)

2) I can go and swim actually, but there's still sunlight, and well, I really don't have to elaborate that, or do I? Two things - Sunburn and exposure! Get it? And as with the first....nobody to swim with.

3) I am on my 4th summer read - Dreaming in Black and White by Laura Jensen Walker. So sitting so comfortably in my dish chair letting time pass by unnoticed is actually an idea worth pursuing. I can write a review of the last book as well, but I'll reserve that.

4) I really feel like having a relaxed and comfortable time off from the 2 crazy days I had at work. Right now, I'm actually ok, my book ready to be read, watching the SPURS on TV, and my laptop close by. I'm good.

x-cess:

Just to give a picture of what's happening at the riverwalk......imagine Edsa. Very much like that, except it's nothing political, just one group supporting one team.

more x-cess: Manu's fave movie - Sixth Sense
Fave movie line - "I see dead Pistons!"

Go SPURS Go!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home