Thursday, June 02, 2005

my so-called-trip

Summer has officially started! For me that is. I am now almost done with my first summer read - Fat Girls and Lawn Chairs, which is, by the way, a very good one. I have used the pool at twice already and I went on my first out-of-town trip.

Last week, I went to Corpus Christi with some friends. It was a short (2 days) but really sweet, and might I add, a well-deserved time away from work. Corpus Christi is 2-3 hours from San Antonio. The sand is very much like Boracay, but the ambiance is a lot more like Puerto Galera. But whatever, I had a great time, which is most likely due to my great fondness for the beach. I could have just sat there with a book and the sound of the waves in the background and it would have been heaven for me. There were a few treats that came with it, too. Like the colorful Port Aransas that I got a lot of photos of. And who can ignore the very delicious grilled yellow fin tuna salad that I had for lunch! That was just awesome. And the multitude of souvenir shops that I surveyed (read-did not buy anything) and nearly decided to change my room's motif to nautica because I can, literally, decorate my room with all the available trinkets. Good thing I got self-control (more like no money to spend!!!!! lol ).

And as a cherry topping, we got to go to the USS Lexington aircraft carrier, whis is now a museum on the bay. Of course, more photos! We did not have a chance to go to the Aquarium, though. Which is actually not a bad thing, because now, we have a reason to go back! Yipee!

So there you go, Corpus Christi, I'll be back!

1 Comments:

Blogger cutiewitch said...

LOL!!!! pareho tyo, I've never been to Manila Zoo!!!!!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home