Monday, July 04, 2005

rantings of a drunken b****h

Ok, before you think I'm an alcoholic, I drank 2, read T-W-O, two bottles of Smirnoff.

Let's backtrack a little....It was Pete's Birthday several days ago. But since we're all going ga-ga over working our asses off for the rainy days,(and since he planned to fly off to the Carribean without informing, let alone invite us anyways), we did not have our days off worked out. So he had to treat us on several different occasions, 1-2 "friends" at a time. Finally, this Sunday was my day, and luckily, V and Joe came as well. So we watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which we all totally liked. My, Angelina is sure sexy! After which, we went to a buffalo wing place (which name escapes me at this point, more like I never really cared to know) at a few minutes past 12 midnight. Mind you, the bars here in San Antonio close at 2AM! Geez! I remember in Makati, it'd be 4AM and we're still dancing the "wee hours of the morning" away. And to find any palce other than a bar or club still open on 4th of July Sunday is definitely a sign of good luck (yeah, right, I'm being melodramatic. But amuse me, please!).


Barely half a bottle into my Smirnoff Watermelon, they already announced a last call, of course we ordered another round. Before we know it, they were already taking our bottles away, half-full or empty, it did not matter. Because here, after 1AM, there will be no more drinking! The stores actually stop selling alocoholic beverages by midnight. To make the story short, I managed a few more gulps before finally surrendering my 2nd bottle.

As I've said, I'm not an alcoholic. I can count my drinking days in a year using only the fingers of my right hand, and not even all of them. But the Watermelon really tasted like, well, watemelon..........

So here I am at home, ranting about nothing, wishing I'm in Makati or Malate, listening to Rey Kilay and the gang making fun of a poor soul who's only mistake was wanting to sing in front of an audience unknown to her, or enjoying the soothing and amazing voice of Anton Diva, because I'm not a fan of Regine and would not be interested in watching any of her shows, or simply dancing with my friends and of course my Honey, and sharing an absolute currant with Heydz. Or just letting time fly and catching up while sipping a grande Caramel Machiato with Kai, Irene and Kitch.

Ahhh.....6 more months.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home