Thursday, June 14, 2007

Friday Night Lights and Freedom Writers

There's nothing good on TV nowadays. No Lost, no Grey's Anatomy, no Brothers and Sisters, etc. etc. There's a few new shows that I'm looking into but have not "caught" me yet, the ways that the above-mentioned have.

What else is there to do but dig into the shows that fellow GTalker and TV junkie Mindy have discussed in her blog? Friday Night Lights, I thought should be worth looking at, although I am not really into football. However, sis Mindy said it wasn't all about football and I trust her judgment. She was right. I was surprised that I liked (and got excited) about the football part of this show, among other things. Surprised even that I can't wait to get to bed so I can continue watching the rest of the episodes. Yes, I go to bed an hour early every night so I can watch an episode.

Last night I skipped my nightly rendezvous with "the boys" to give way to Freedom Writers. I did not regret doing that at all. I cried, no I sobbed! I woke up with really puffy eyes this morning, that's how much it affected me. I love movies like that, movies that remind us we can all make a difference if we willed it. It reminds us we can give our share, not to say that we need to take on an impossible challenge but to be aware. Everyday we get in contact with people who need a smile, or a hug, an ear to listen or just to be there. And if we take time to consider how our little efforts can make an impact to those in need, we might just be able to stop and give time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home