Friday, April 27, 2007

tic-toc, tic-toc

I started packing last night. It wasn't even an hour after I stated, my balikbayan box was already full. This is it, I'm really going home. I tried not to get emotional about it but I am torn. I am excited to go home, no question. But I'm also sad about leaving San Antonio, my home for 5 years.

I just finished calling Time Warner to cancel my phone and digital cable service. No more TFC. I'm not leaving until July but saving some is actually the best thing to do right now. Good thing websites are now showing full episodes. You know how much of a tv junkie I am. Besides, I'm still retaining my basic cable, and of course my internet connection. As I put finished cancelling services, I felt a little pinch in my heart. There's no stopping this now.

I have yet to book my flight. And I still have a few activities left before the D-day. Every day it's getting harder and harder to think about it. I'm going to miss my work, my friends, the opportunities that are open to me, the ease of life that I have become accustomed to, the kind of money I earn, the luxury of life that are within my reach.

On the other hand I am rally excited to be with my family again. To have my friends beside me. I'm excited to see how my bathroom and my mom's kitchen are turning out. I'm excited to be back in my comfort zone again.

Two more months. The clock ain't stopping. July will come sooner than I want it to but in a way, I'm ready. I can't wait to soak in my new tub!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gita Asuncion said...

sorry sis, i havent had the chance to back read your blog. i was reading just this morning's post. so youre coming back home to manila, is that it? is it for good or for just a while?

4:41 PM  
Blogger cutiewitch said...

It'll for 2 years at least.
I don't really blog here anymore. I am almost always at multiply para all in one na.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home