Monday, May 28, 2007

All in a day

When you get bitten by the shopping bug, there is absolutely no way out.

Apple and I went to the Shops at La Cantera on Saturday because we heard that Victoria's Secret has 25% off for their memorial day sale. I tried on some bras but their size wasn't really working for me, I left VS empty handed.
Next stop was Bath and Body works for their 5 for $10 on their antibacterial hand soap. Great deal. So great in fact that Apple ended up buying 10 (at the request of the new housewife Grace). And when you're with Apple, you can't not go to the make-up section. The girl asked me if I wanted to try their new lip plumping lippies. Because I had a terrifying experience with the kind before, I politely declined.

I've been meaning to buy Wexler's under eye concealer for the longest time, and was ready to do it too until this new product caught my eye. Hmm...super brightening under eye concealer eh? So I tried it and I was convinced. I've never had a concealer before and up til late I never really though I needed one. So Superfill it is.

Unfortunately (for my wallet that is) I saw another tube much like it with a promise that made me really curious. "Amazing instant eye
filler" it said. What else was I do do but try it? And what do you know, it actually worked! It made the lines disappear in an instant. I was amazed. So amazed in fact that I had to buy it along with the concealer.

I was at the cashier paying, I turned around and asked Apple "do I need a concealer brush?" Yep, the thing is, @ 34, I am just starting to discover make-up. So excuse me for wanting to enjoy it while I can still use make-up instead of a scalpel.

What mall venture would be complete without stopping by Forever 21? This is an evil, evil shop. As soon as you step into this store, you know you're doomed for sure. I was actually good I only came out with one (really cute) top. Yeah, that's being good.

We then proceeded to Nordstrom for the much acclaimed Chanel sheer illuminator (make-up primer). As with the rest of my purchases for this day, this was also unplanned. Apple was buying it, I just tried it. Well, you can read what happened in the post below. Moral lesson here? Do not try anything unless you're ready to buy them! Or you'll end up like me on this Memorial day weekend. I spent more than I planned to, but I'm very, very satisfied.

Dinner at PF Chang's (the Lettuce Wrap is a must and the very spicy Dali Chicken is a treat), a pint of Coffee Lovers only ice cream from Cold Stone and the Dreamgirls DVD capped today's very exciting adventure. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home