Thursday, April 05, 2007

30cc's Nyquil, 2 tabs Motrin and left-over pizza

I'm starting to believe Ronnie when she says I'm always sick. I denied it several times but now that I'm suffering from my 2nd bout of flu for the year, just when Flu season has been declared over, I'm starting to doubt my conviction.

Friday: I thought it was just allergies when I woke up with a sore throat and a headache. I managed to survive the day and still had a little energy left to join my amigas for dinner at Papacito's. But I knew that was it for me, no dancing, not even with Marissa's promise that a shot or two of tequila would make things better.

Saturday, 4am: I woke because my nose was clogged and I was having chills even under my comforter. (take note, the thermostat's set at 75F). I thought to myself "Darn, I'm officially sick again!". Another dose of nyquil and motrin and I went back to sleep. Woke up 6 hours after with the same symptoms. I hate being sick.

Saturday pm: I finally dragged myself out of my bed and into the couch. Coffee was all I wanted but Grace had cooked some sour meat soup (Sinigang is what I meant) so I had some of that. Exactly what my mom would have prepared for me. I miss my mom.....*sob*

Sunday 8am: No change to how I feel. I thought about tomorrow...Monday...I have to go to work. At the rate I'm feeling, I don't think I can. But we'll see.

For now, let me eat my left-over pizza so I can take something to make me feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home