Saturday, November 25, 2006

rewards

when rewards come unexpectedly, it has a deeper, more genuine feeling to it. Someone had shadowed me at least 3-4 times the last 2 months. She was an intern that have decided to take on the externship program offered by our hospital. I loved having her because she was really enthusiastic, always with a smile that working with her just gave you a little bit of much needed sunshine especially in days where it makes you wonder why the he*l you chose to be a nurse.

She just signed her contract for the externship program and she indicated that she wanted me to continue precepting her. That just made my heart swell. Just for that, I have committed myself for 5 more years in the jungle. More alligators, and tigers and ungrateful monkeys. And I'll greet them with a smile everytime. That's what being a nurse is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home