Monday, October 02, 2006

just another day......

I saw his face and it was as white as paper. I knew at once something was wrong. He tried to deny it as I thought he would but the distress in his face gave him away. I proceeded to check him out and his numbers were all out of whack, I had to do something. I need to do something right away or it will be too late. I made the call....."Angel, get in here!" Before I could mutter another word the team was there and everyone sprang into action. We were calm but we knew every single action could spell life or death. As Dayna and Chloe wheeled him towards the elevator, I was saying a silent prayer. Please God, let him live. It was a weird calm and chaotic when we got there. It did not take alot of time before things started settling down. I asked him again how he's feeling and he said "lousy" in that tone I remember so well. And I thought to myself "he's back".

Mr. S got himself a temporary pacemaker, and we saved yet another life. Thank you God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home