Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nike Shox

Sixteen hour shifts are a killer. Even my Nike Shox could notsave me from the perils of running around like a headless chicken in the jungle called....you guessed it, six south. Every now and then I stop and scold myself - what were you thinking?

And then I get my answer.

Doing sixteen hour shifts has several rewards.

First, I only have to work 3 or 4 days and get additional days off, unlike working 8 hours, 5 days a week. That means having more time to see shows I haven't seen for a long time like Amazing Race, Rockstar, CSI, etc. Because working 8 hours meant being at work 5 days a week, it also meant missing the shows that I love. Now I even have more time to go to Barnes and Noble or just be lazy.

Having additional days off also meant I can work extra because I have more days to spare. It used to be that to work exta meant to give up one of my 2 precious days off. And believe me, they are PRECIOUS!

Doing 16 hour shifts also meant having more time to pacify things in such a way that when I go home, I feel content that I have done my job and did it well. That I did not leave things for the next shift to do.

If only my feet can feel good as well!

If you haven't figured out by now, there is no "quiet time" in 6S. When I work 16 hours, I'm on my feet 15.5 hours. Every now and then I get the "chubby girl" assignment, that is I have patients from end to end. That means I have to run, run run to get from one patient to another. Imagine them calling at the same time, or even one after another. Instant workout!

I should get new shoes. I thought my Shox and I can transition through this together. Unfortunately, it's starting to fail me. Gotta get something that can carry me through constant running and being on my feet. Coz I plan to do this craziness for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home