Monday, January 17, 2005

Shoot, shoot, shoot

I always believed I have a talent in photography. I've been obsessed with it since my high school days. I would see subjects and I would create the picture in my mind of how I would shoot, and how masterful the photos will come out. Only problem was, I never had a camera in high school. But I still kept the passion, for I knew that one day, I will own one, and I will be able to translate what's on my mind, into beautifully taken prints. I've had little success with instamatics (of course!). I couldn't afford a real deal SLR, so I tried to do my craft on instamatics. How frustrating!

I still remember when my best friend Gelai and I were at the port one of those days I was bored to death and decided I will try fishing.......the scene was just magical then, blue sea, blue sky, the mountains as my backdrop, and of course, my model Gelai. If only I have a camera!!!! So I promised my best friend that when I finally get my dream cam, we'll shoot like hell!!!! That was 16 years ago.

Well guess what.....yesterday, I went on my first shoot (well, more like trying it out) using my new Nikon N70. I know what you're thinking, an SLR in the times of digital? I have always been fascinated with an SLR, because you get what you put in, no editing, no discarding, no second chances. It's more challenging for me not to be able to see what I'm getting. And more exciting when I finally open that envelope, seeing my prints for the first time. That's just me, and my flair for the dramatics.

I have yet to see my prints actually, and my mentor has yet to judge what I already know as far as using my camera functions go. Then we'll start the lessons!!!! Yay!!!!

I used to think that I can do nursing here in the US for about 10 years, then I can move on to becoming a fashion photographer....... two years down.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

because you're sweet and loving i know all your dream will come true. one by one. step by step. maabot mo lahat kasi the best ka at maraming nag mamahal sa'yo. isa na ako doon.

3:29 AM  
Blogger cutiewitch said...

Thanks, Gelai.....love you!!!!!

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home