Friday, March 17, 2006

It's true when they say your whole life flashes in front of you when you're about to die......

I got the scare of my life the other day. It started on my back, like a muscle tightness. Then it slowly creeped to my chest, sharp pain and tightness at the same time. I tried to breathe as deep as I can, 1,2, I don't know how many times. I had to get the Oxygen into my heart, fast. I realized that my patient was looking intently at me because I was just staring out the window for I don't know how long. My whole life just flashed before me.....not only that...my future as well. I thought about going to the ER, getting all the labs and procedures done, bracing myself for the bad news. I imagined myself on the cathlab table and having someone put pressure on my groin. For what seemed like a million minutes after, I finally relaxed, and the pain was slowly creeping away. I could have cried, I wanted to. But I did not have time.....it was one of those crazy days on the floor. So while I was having the scare of my life, I carried on with my work...taking care of patients who had the same scary experience as I had just then.

Maybe Marty was right, it could very well be just a muscle strain. I'll take that.....it's just a muscle strain. God, please, let it just be a muscle strain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home