Thursday, December 01, 2005

Guacamole

The tilte is misleading.....let me explain

As a Filipino, I grew up knowing that avocado is a very creamy and delicious dessert. Who can ever resist sweet avocados with milk and sugar?

But in Texas (I guess everywhere else in the US), avocados are side dishes, salad toppers and never, never dessert! Don't get me wrong, I love guacamole, that is avocados mixed with tomatoes, onions and a few more relishes. But I still want my dessert!

So, to curb my craving, I bought four (very small) avocados. They're not ripe yet so I had to wait a few more days. 2 days passed and still, they're not ripe yet! So I decided to just go for it and try it sans everything but salt and pepper (as one of my patients recommended). Surprise, surpise...I actually enjoyed it!

So, this is now a new addition to my (just discovered) favorite things, along with black cherries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a similar "craving" note:

totally enjoyed my adobong talong!!!!!! grabe. Thanks to Lai and Jojo for the recipe. Yumm!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home