Sunday, September 11, 2005

Starting over

I passed my BCD!!!!! Grabe na ito!!!!!

Let me explain.....As I've said on my previous post, I've never really liked cardiac....more so trying to figure out the lines, curves and spikes of an ECG strip. Since I moved to the Telemetry floor, there's no way in the world that I can get away without having that competency. I was scared, I wasn't sure I'll figure it out. But really, once I started, I found myself enjoying it! So there, I surprised myself yet again.....

Moving on.....since I came from the Ortho floor, I can only bring about less that 10% of my Ortho competency to my new unit. Thus this conversation with my educator

Educator (E): Did you do the riverwalk when you started in ortho?
Mikee (M): I did not have an educator.
E: Rolls his eyes

E: Do you hve any experience in chest tubes?
M: Not here, maybe once in the Philippines (I forgot to mention that this "once" was during my student days pa!!!!!)

E: Do you know how to listen to heart sounds?
M: Impakta 'to a, ano palagay mo sakin?????
E: Do you know how to differentiate murmurs from ______ and_____?
M: hehehe....NO! (in theory po).

E: Did you do the diabetes competency?
M: I know I'm competent.
E: But did you have your competency checked off?
M: Wala nga akong educator nun e. Sariling sikap lang po.
M: Nope!

E: Lead placement?
M: LAst time I did it was about 8-9 years ago.
E: So, no?
M: Ganun na nga.

E: PAcemaker?
M: No

And a litany of more No's.

Sa madaling salita....wala akong alam!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home