Wednesday, August 10, 2005

11th person to be executed this year.......anytime now.

I can't help but cry. Cry for the life of the person he decided to end. Cry for his life he so chose to ruin. Cry for all the senseless deaths and crimes happening all around us. Like robbing an 87 year old man twice in a week. What has our world come to? Why?

**********

on a different note.....

Sept. 6th is my release date from Ortho.....soon I will join the exciting world of Telemetry. I'm excited, as well as scared. I've always been a med-surg nurse and this is a big leap. However, reality is, I can't forever be a med-surg nurse. There's such a thing as moving forward, y'know.

So why tele, I ask myself. I've never been really fond of cardiac monitors and ecg readings. Hell, I took a 3-day telemetry course and I'm not sure I actually learned anything. Blame it on the trainor....hahaha!, who told us "flutter" is pronounced as "flur". Guess how many eyebrows raised in unison.

However, professional growth will not come to me if I don't pursue it. And that's what I'm doing. It'll take a lot more effort since I'm practically a newbie in this area. But I survived my 2 years of being new to the culture and practices, didn't I? I'm pretty sure I'll survive this one. And it will all be worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home